We all know that the traditional roast pork loin is delicious. However, if you’re looking for some alternatives to your traditional roast pork loin, this blog post is for you.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and it might be time to get creative with dinner. Try one of these recipes to make your next holiday meal a little different!
1) Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Sauce
2) Mexican-Style Pork Roast
3) Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Root Vegetables.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Sauce
1) Preheat gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
2) Combine the following in a large bowl:
– 1/2 cup minced onion
– 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce (can use low sugar variety)
– 2 tablespoons orange juice
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3) Add the pork tenderloin to the bowl and coat the tenderloin with the mixture. 4) Grill for 7 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 145 degrees F. Remove from grill and cover loosely with aluminum foil while finishing other steps. 5) In a small bowl, combine:
– 1/4 cup water – 2 tablespoons cornstarch – 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon brown sugar – 1/2 teaspoon salt – 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 6) In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 7) Once sauce has thickened, pour it into a container that can go from stovetop to oven. 8) Slice pork into thin slices and transfer them onto a platter along with cranberry sauce mixture from step 2. Pour cooked sauce over top of slices and serve hot!
Mexican-Style Pork Roast
Did you know that pork butt roast is one of the least expensive cuts of meat, but it’s also one of the most flavorful? The best part about this dish is that it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and only requires five ingredients.
-1 Pork Butt Roast (about 3 pounds)
-1 tablespoon canola oil
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-2 teaspoons chili powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Root Vegetables.
This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a way to cook their pork loin, but don’t have the time or the patience. The vegetables bring out the traditional flavors of roast pork and really make it taste amazing. You’ll love this dish!
1 1/2 pounds pork loin roast
1/2 pound baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into quarters
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon herbes de Provence (or any dried mixed herbs)
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Add all of the ingredients together in the slow cooker except for the carrots. Allow to cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Add in baby carrots about 1 hour before serving. Serve with stuffing or mashed potatoes.
If you’re bored with your traditional Sunday dinner, these three recipes will spice up your menu and get you out of your culinary rut.
Pork roasts are a go-to for many recipes because they are hearty and flavorful, and this list of recipes will help you enjoy them in a different way!